Founded in 2016 by Emily Steele, Cine-Sister launched with its first screening in March 2017.
Cine-Sister has since 2017 run 50+ successful events, reaching 6000+ audiences. Cine-Sister was initially founded to showcase the work of women filmmakers and has taken a pop-up approach across Peterborough focusing on working in partnership with local organisations and community groups. Cine-Sister CIC (incorporated February 2019) is the only organisation of its kind in the area, working with a variety of organisations to put on exciting and relevant film events. Cine-Sister has since 2019 run the annual Gateway Film Festival in the autumn combining art forms such as dance and poetry to enhance film events.
Cine-Sister CIC has been praised highly by funders including being used as a case study in excellent practice to the British Film Institute and was given a commendation for the best Community Organisation category at the Cinema for All awards in 2020.
- Collaboration & Partnerships
- Engaging with communities around Peterborough through film
- Equity and Inclusion- with an aim to keep improving.
- Thought provoking events and igniting conversation through diverse programming
- Connecting people through film and bringing communities together
- Bringing films/events to Peterborough that wouldn’t otherwise show here.
- Engaging underrepresented audiences
You can keep up with the project on Twitter, Facebook and on this website.
Our wonderful logo was designed by Saffa Khan